Monday, April 7, 2008

Quickie

I'm procrastinating doing invoices, inventory, and marketing. Good thing I took one business class at Barry. Gotta love having your own business, argh, I think I've created a monster. Part of my "marketing strategy" has involved the fact that I'm basically the only all-ambulatory vet in the area. Everyone else has fancy haul-in clinics that are really nice, but also cost a pretty penny which drives up their rates. Mine on the other hand can be quite a bit lower and I still make money. So with our thriving economy, it seems more people are looking for the "bargain vet":)
So still too busy for my liking. We should know by Friday if the new vet grad from Washington is going to take the job. I'm crossing every finger and toe and praying hard.
Had a great weekend. Finally 60F!!!! Great friend Saioa from Barry University days is doing a 6 week OB/GYN residency internship in Grand Rapids which is super cool! She's freezing as her home base is Hawaii. So it was great hanging out. The girls loved her as Sai is just the loveable sort:) We look forward to seeing her more in the next several weeks.
The kids are starting to learn how to ride their bikes without training wheels. I wonder if my mom was a nervous about this as I find myself? I never even owned a helmet. Now I'm chasing the girls all over the driveway and yard trying to be sure they don't bite the big one. They both can go a few feet without me now and it's only been 1 day. We're excited for AYSO soccer to start soon too. They were kicking the ball around with the dogs and doing well, so it should be fun.
Oh well, business calls. Gotta run.

3 comments:

Lexie said...

Tell Sai hi!!! That's great!

Thanks for the update. I would be so scared! I insist on the helmet on the trike! (I know, I know). We are getting ready to transition to a 2 wheeler with training wheels sometime soon, now that the pedaling thing is down. Lexie always tries our neighbor's but its too big for her.

We are in the 80s here!

Mixed Up Chromosomes said...

I was wondering where you've been and what you've been up to! Glad that business is boomin!

Anonymous said...

Olivia also has to wear her helmet on while riding her little bike. Can't be too careful I guess! Thankfully she always wants to put it on. I hope the vet grad swoops up the job offer! We are starting to ship so you probably won't see my face for a while--and it sounds like you are still mighty busy yourself. I'm already looking forward to summer but we have a ways to go! Take care...La