Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Survivor Plainwell

Yeah, I'm back in survival mode. I'm playing the single parent thing...again. Military wives, I give you major props because it's only day 5/10 and I'm getting irritable. I don't know how you manage for months-years. Or moreso, how single parents can do it.
Steve is gone hunting to Wyoming for antelope and mule deer. He actually got an antelope today. Yes, he had the courage to call and no, I did not bite his head off even though it was oh so tempting. It's just a busy week - lots of kid activities, boss is gone so I'm in charge at work too, and plenty of fall clean-up stuff left to be done around here. Lawn to mow (mower is broken, so I had to get one from friends), garden to clean out (I've started a little), I just found a very leaky roof down at the barn, house is close to being put on the national disaster area list (thankfully housecleaner comes tomorrow. I love her!), a nagging slow leak in my truck tire that requires air every day or so, etc. Needless to say, I really haven't done any of the clean-up stuff - I've been lacking the motivation completely. Maybe on the weekend, but I doubt it because I've really been having an outlet mall craving that I may have to fix. Wow, great priorities, huh!
So this post was just to make sure no one had the false impression that I have my life all in order. I guess if you know me well enough, you're just laughing. Me too!

3 comments:

KDoug said...

Good luck! I must say that the big difference between being a military wife and being a hunter's wife is that our boys typically aren't having fun. Yours totally is.

You're a good wife. I hope you get a spa day at least out of this.

Lexie said...

YOu need to go outlet shopping... its a reward for all that you have to do just with day to day activities! theres always house stuff to do... you need a break girl.

Anonymous said...

One day at a time. His mercies are new EVERY morning. You can do it!!! Super Dr. Mom to the rescue :-) Most military wives :
a) don't know where their husbands are
b) don't know when their husbands will return
c) don't have family nearby
d) have husbands who aren't out hunting animals ;-)

Hang in there!