Monday, December 15, 2008

Blustery Day

Blustery...that reminds me of Winnie the Pooh:) It is definately all that and more. There were several times I thought my large pick-up might just blow off the highway. It didn't. After a short reprieve of 40 degrees, we're back below 20 and snowing wonderfully. Ahhh, that's more like the Michigan I know and love.
So I've had a little bit of writers block - as you can see by the scarcity of posts lately. This is also affecting my ability to write a decent Christmas letter for our family and my business. Do I dare skip a year with no letter accompanying the card? This slacking may just become a habbit if I do. What a dilemma. I guess at least I should get the cards ready, huh. I'm actually way ahead of my usual pace when it comes to presents and wrapping. Maybe I just work better under higher pressure situations.
So since I can't write, I'll post a few pics, if I can locate my camera once again. It has like 8 legs between myself and children and tends to walk to strange and undisclosed locations.



What's been going on lately.
















C.J.'s birthday party. He had a baseball cake (I'm sure he'll never have another). I'm a wimp and stripped him down before allowing him to dig in. I'm not very good with stains, so I figured that way I could just toss him in the tub. He was actually quite neat compared with the girls. He would lick his fingers after every bite.





Gabby's birthday - she doesn't like cake, so we get to be creative with her birthday dessert. This year it was apple pie. Gigi was there for the afternoon. She will be 94 in May.









My mom is a stickler for the 4 generation poses.


Gabby's friend birthday party was at Bounceland - a place with a whole bunch of inflatable toys. It was a lot of fun - I even got into the slides and obstacle course.




On another snowy day earlier this month, I went with Gabby's class to the Delano homestead which is like a pilgrim farm from the 1800's. The kids made gingerbread cookies, carded wool, made candles and played old-fashioned games. It was a neat field trip.
Steve's 9 point buck that he shot out at our property on opening day!!! His first Michigan buck! And his mean wife won't even let him mount it for the wall.
So what has Rylee been up to? Well, I put her to work. Someone's gotta clear the snow.

3 comments:

Lexie said...

Love all the pics! My mom is also a stickler for the 4 gen pose.

My first thought at your title was Winnie the Pooh! :)

I skipped the letter this year. I will force myself to do it again next, but I just couldn't and get my cards out on my preferred timeline. Something had to give.

Anonymous said...

GREAT update. I can't get over how much your two younger ones looks like Steve. That is just crazy. You look fabulous by the way. And, so does your mom of course!

Happy birthday to all the Bennecke kids.

Anonymous said...

The Anonymous message was from Kelly :)